Corona Virus, COVID-19, and St. John Car Rental
For all current or future reservations, please read the following update regarding your rental car reservation and your visit to the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Updated Monday March 30, 2020.
USVI Government Recommendations
On Saturday, March 21, 2020, the USVI Government announced the following concerning coronavirus and COVID-19 pandemic:
- State of Emergency is in effect.
- Essential employees only for government offices.
- Hotels, guest houses, villas, bed and breakfasts, and similar businesses are closed to new arriving guests for 30 days starting Wednesday March 25, 2020 (through Friday April 24, 2020).
- All Bars are closed.
- Restaurants that want to stay open can, but only serve take-out.
- All residents and guests encouraged to Stay-At-Home.
Update: on Mon March 30, 2020 the Governor extended the Stay-at-Home, new guests, and other rules through April 30, 2020.
St. John Car Rental – we have decided to:
- Reduce business hours of operation to 8:00am-11:00am daily
- Suspend all new online reservations for future dates until May 1, 2020
- Make Exception Rentals* by appointment only by calling 340-776-6103
Any customer with an existing reservation starting March 25, 2020 through April 30th, 2020 can reschedule their reservation, cancel and apply the non-refundable payment towards a future reservation, or receive a refund.
Please email email@example.com to cancel or change your reservation.
Any changes to your reservation must be made in writing (via email).
Federal, State, Territories, and airlines are making policy changes weekly if not daily. Any changes to our policy will be applied here and noted by date.
*Exceptions will be made for essential workers (government, healthcare, or responders) or local residents who need transportation.